Creating a box, that will house your products securely and safely, is something we take seriously at Douglas Box. To ascertain the correct box for your requirements we will be seeking information such as;
- The size of your box is determined by the product, or products, that you wish to place inside the box.
- The size may also be limited to how you plan to transport your box. As an example, a shipping container is only so wide and so high.
- Weight of the product/s determines the thickness of the wood required to carry your products safely.
- Based on how you plan to transport your box may dictate the styling of the box.
- Transport companies tend to charge on weight, where others charge on size of your box.
- If your box is heading overseas it will have to be either heat treated or fumigated (ISPM 15)
- How your box will be handled will also dictate the styling of the box.
- Will you need your box to be pallet jack compatible?
- Will you need your box to be forklift compatible?
- Will you need your box to be crane sling compatible?
- How you plan to store your box will also determine the size and style of your box.
- Will you need your box to be compatible with racking?
- Will you be stacking your box on top of another box?
Every box that we design and manufacture go through rigorous quality steps.